Teeth Whitening – Columbus, NJ
Make Your Smile Shine Bright Once Again
Over the years, it’s completely normal for teeth to become stained or discolored. It happens to everyone no matter how hard you try to prevent it! Fortunately, our team at Columbus Dental Arts may be able to help you get a brighter smile. We offer both in-office and take-home professional teeth whitening treatments to make your grin several shades brighter in no time. If you’d like to learn more about your options, continue reading or give our friendly team a call today!
Who is a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
The first step on your journey towards a brighter smile is a consultation with our team at Columbus Dental Arts. We’ll perform a detailed examination of your oral health, review your medical history, and inquire about your smile goals to determine whether or not teeth whitening in Columbus is right for you. Once we’ve confirmed you’re ready to move forward with this treatment, you’ll receive a custom treatment plan that’ll help you achieve your desired results.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
During your consultation, we’ll explain how you can choose between our in-office treatment or the LifeLike® take-home whitening kits. While they’re both capable of delivering stunning results, the timeline for each one is different. Let’s take a closer look at each option:
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
Would you rather brighten your smile from the comfort of your home? If so, our LifeLike® take-home whitening kits may be the right option for you. Each one contains personalized trays and a powerful bleaching gel. Fill the trays with the gel, wear them for a certain amount of time each day, and your pearly whites should be several shades lighter in just a few short weeks!
In-Office Teeth Whitening
If you want fast and effective results, ask our team about in-office whitening treatment! We’ll use an ultra-strength bleaching gel to remove even the most stubborn stains. In as little as one hour, you can have a grin that’s several shades brighter than the one you came in with!
Tips for Maintaining Your Brighter Smile
Once you have a blinding set of pearly whites, you’re going to want to keep them that way. Luckily, there are several steps you can take to preserve your beautiful results. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Limit your exposure to dark-colored foods and drinks (i.e., sofa, coffee, tea, red wine, soy sauce)
- Practice good oral hygiene (i.e., brush twice a day, floss daily, rinse every day with an ADA-approved mouthwash)
- Visit your dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning
- Avoid poor dental habits (i.e., smoking, biting your fingernails, using your teeth as tools)
- Inquire about at-home touch-ups to maintain your results
Understanding the Cost of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening comes in many different forms, all of which have unique levels of effectiveness and therefore specific costs. In order to understand how much you’ll pay to receive whitening, you’ll need to consider what results you’re looking for, the severity of your stains, and other factors. Read on to learn what you should keep in mind when choosing a whitening treatment.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Teeth Whitening
In many cases, teeth whitening will have a set price. With that said, there are factors that can cause it to increase based on your needs. For example, whitening can be done in multiple rounds in order to achieve your ideal appearance. Common factors that can affect cost include:
- The severity of your tooth stains and discoloration
- What types of stains you have (i.e. extrinsic stains on the surface of enamel vs. intrinsic where stains are deeper)
- If the stains are caused by medication, such as antibiotics taken at a young age
- Whether other procedures are needed before whitening can be performed (i.e. crowns, fillings, etc.)
Types of Teeth Whitening: What Do Different Types of Whitening Cost?
Dental offices will offer different types of whitening based on their own preferences. Below, you can get a general idea of what each type of whitening will cost:
- In-Office Whitening – Costs between $400 and $800 in most cases, but can reach as high as $1,000 depending on the circumstances
- Take-Home Whitening – Typically cost a few hundred dollars as the trays use to whiten teeth are customized to your mouth exactly
- “Over-the-Counter” Whitening Trays – While these products also use trays, they are not custom-made, and therefore run about $100 or less
- Teeth Whitening Strips and Gels – These are found in the oral care aisles of general stores, particularly pharmacies, and are generally about $20 to $40
How Inexpensive Whitening and Professional Whitening Compare
You may be wondering why professional teeth whitening is so popular when cheaper options are available, but the reality is you truly get what you pay for when it comes to teeth whitening (and cosmetic dentistry in general). The quality of the work you receive is highly reflected in the amount you’re willing to pay. Many patients note that strips and gels sold in stores and even over the counter don’t give them the results they’re looking for, particularly for more severe discolorations.
In contrast, professional treatments are capable of whitening enamel several shades much more quickly than cheaper options. Most patients begin to notice improvements right away, even after just a few rounds of treatment. If you’re not seeing the results you’d like with cheaper options or you want to ensure your smile looks its absolute best, it may be worth it to put more money upfront to ensure you can achieve those goals.
Options for Making Teeth Whitening Affordable
Teeth whitening is almost never covered by dental insurance plans since it’s purely a cosmetic treatment. If you’re looking for other options to pay for your care, you may want to consider the following:
- In-House Financing – Our office is happy to offer in-house payment plans and design them in a way that fits your budget as closely as possible.
- Special Offers – You can receive $100 off our LifeLike® take-home whitening kits, which can give you a pearly white smile in just a few short weeks.
No matter how you plan to pay, our team is ready to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Schedule a consultation to learn more about financing teeth whitening treatment!