Veneers – Columbus, NJ
Bring Back Your Smile’s Luster
Contrary to what you see in Hollywood, most people are not born with a perfect smile. Many different issues can cause your teeth to develop small imperfections, including poor oral hygiene, facial trauma, and simply normal wear and tear. Whether it be chips, cracks, stains, minor erosion, or something else affecting your appearance, the good news is you no longer have to settle for a smile that is less than perfect. To learn about veneers in Columbus and how Columbus Dental Arts transforms your smile, give our office a call!
Why Choose Columbus Dental Arts for Veneers?
- Dedicated Dentist and Long-Term Team
- Highly Personalized and Durable Dental Ceramic
- Transform Your Smile in Just Two Visits
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are essentially ultra-thin sheaths of dental ceramic designed to bond to the front surfaces of teeth. Most often, veneers are placed on teeth visible in your smile, ensuring they hide any imperfections. This includes issues like stains that can’t be addressed with whitening, chips, small gaps, cracks, and other concerns you might have.
Veneers can be made from a variety of materials, but they are often made with dental ceramic like porcelain due to its durability, stain-resistant properties, and immaculate esthetics. During your consultation, we’ll confirm if veneers are the best cosmetic treatment based on your needs.
The Process of Getting Veneers
At your initial visit, we’ll take time to learn about your cosmetic goals and break down the process of receiving veneers step by step. After a detailed evaluation to confirm your oral health is in good condition, we’ll start by preparing the teeth to hold veneers. This requires a small amount of enamel to be removed so they can sit flush. From there, we’ll capture impressions of your teeth and send them to a trusted dental lab. This lab will use the impressions as a model for the fabrication of your veneers. Everything from the size to the color to the shape are accounted for when creating your personalized restorations. Before you leave, temporary veneers will be placed to cover your modified teeth as well as get you used to your new smile. At your second appointment, you’ll come back to have the permanent veneers bonded to your enamel. If needed, we can also perform alterations after they are attached.
The Benefits of Veneers
There are many benefits when choosing veneers to enhance your smile. Below are just a few of them mentioned by our patients over the years!
- Improved stain-resistance – Since dental ceramic is smooth, rather than porous like natural enamel, staining substances are less likely to leave a mark after the fact.
- Long-lasting – With proper care, you can expect your veneers to last up to 15 years.
- Incredibly versatile – because veneers cover the entire tooth (and sometimes the space in between them), it’s possible to save money on other cosmetic treatments.
- Personalized exactly to your needs – There is no other cosmetic treatment out there that is more customized to your preferences than veneers.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Veneers are a great way to undergo a dramatic smile makeover. However, they aren’t necessarily the best option for everyone. To find out whether or not veneers are the ideal cosmetic solution for you, it’s crucial that you understand how much they will cost. By choosing a skilled dentist and investing in high-quality veneers, you can achieve the Hollywood smile you’ve been dreaming of, but they aren’t your only option. Read on so you can make an informed decision about the future of your smile!
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
For lots of patients, veneers feel like the ideal option at first, but you should still take a look at other cosmetic treatments to see how they would affect your smile. They all have different price points and can help patients achieve a variety of different outcomes. Here are a handful of the most common:
- Braces – If you’re struggling with alignment issues, you may find that braces are the ideal way to correct them. This type of treatment costs several thousands of dollars, but it’s highly effective at straightening teeth.
- Teeth Whitening –Professional teeth whitening is a quick solution for surface discoloration, and it’s much more affordable than many other cosmetic options. However, it doesn’t address any cosmetic flaws other than staining. Results can last anywhere from a couple months to a few years depending on how well you maintain them.
- Direct Bonding – This is a minimally invasive procedure that can be completed in a single visit. It is one of the most affordable cosmetic options out there and is great for correcting minor flaws, like small chips and stains. Bonding can last anywhere between 3 and 10 years.
- Veneers – Veneers may not be the cheapest cosmetic service, but they are an easy way to transform numerous aspects of your smile at once. This includes the shape, color, and minor misalignment issues. The whole process can be completed in as few as two appointments and lasts up to 15 years or longer with proper maintenance.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Most of the time, veneers aren’t covered by dental insurance because they’re considered to be an elective treatment. However, this doesn’t mean that you are left on your own. Everyone has their own financial situation, so we are happy to work with our patients to make paying for treatment as easy as possible. Just talk to our friendly team to learn more about your financial options.
To learn exactly how much you can expect to pay for veneers, schedule a consultation with us. We are eager to help you achieve the smile of your dreams!
If you’re looking for a more dramatic smile makeover, veneers are an excellent solution. However, they are quite an investment, so it pays to be well informed. We’re here to help! Here are the answers to some of the most common questions we receive about veneers in Columbus. If you don’t see the information that you’re looking for below, give us a call. We’d be happy to explain more about the procedure and get you started with an initial consultation.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Dental veneers are not technically permanent because they will eventually need to be replaced. However, they are considered to be irreversible. To make sure that the veneers fit properly on the teeth, small amounts of enamel need to be filed away, and removed enamel does not grow back. For this reason, teeth that have been prepared in this way will always need to be covered with veneers or dental crowns.
Will I Still Be Able to Drink Coffee with Veneers?
Veneers that are made from porcelain are stain-resistant. This is because porcelain is a nonporous material, so the particles in dark-colored foods and beverages have a harder time slipping beneath the surface. Ultimately, you shouldn’t have to worry too much about your morning cup of coffee. Just keep in mind that veneers are not stain-proof, so excessive consumption of dark-colored foods and beverages can still have a negative impact. Moderation is key.
Do Veneers Give You a Lisp?
Some people struggle to pronounce certain words when they first get veneers, resulting in a temporary lisp. This is partially due to muscle memory, as the tongue is not yet used to accounting for the presence of veneers. This difference in thickness affects the way that your tongue moves. Fortunately, the tongue will eventually adjust on its own. Practicing the pronunciation of certain words can help to speed this process along.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
The goal of dental veneers is for all of your visible teeth to match, so you will receive an appropriate number of veneers to accomplish this goal. Some people opt for a single veneer to cover one pesky tooth, while others get anywhere from 6 to 12 for a more complete smile makeover. During your initial consultation with us, we will discuss what the right number is for you to reach the goals that you have for your smile.